Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Goodbye 200

It's been a lot of hard work, a huge test of my non-existent will power and I have not always been faithful but this morning I said goodbye to the 200 weight range.  It took a little longer than I wanted  (because patience is just not my strong suit) but that hurdle has been crossed - never to be seen again.  In my journey, this makes the weight loss total 28 lbs with a BMI of 36.4.  I need to get that BMI under 35 - which means I have 8 more pounds to shed before I'm under the Philippines requirement.

I do have to say that with ever pound lost, I am feeling the affects.  My knees hurt less, I have more energy and wow - you should have seen a couple of cool stretch catches I made in softball last night.
I may not be playing ball like I did 15 years ago but I'm playing better than I was just a year ago.  I can actually run the bases without feeling like I'm going to pass out.  I'm a very active gal and I love playing softball and volleyball and anything else so having the energy to play my favorite sports is a huge blessing. 
(Thanks Ansley for picking up my camera and snapping these shots last night.)


I still have a very long road to get to my goal weight of 125 lbs but this milestone is a huge step.  I was looking back at my weight growth over the past 6 years and this is the first time that I have been under 200 in almost 5 years.  I have loved the Carolinas and working from home but this relaxed environment and having the kitchen only a few steps away has not been kind. 


With these new lifestyle changes (not just diet), it is exciting to finally see the scale tipping a new direction.  I'm sure I will have setbacks along the way but I serve a very mighty God that can, will and has helped me to overcome these obstacles and win this battle of the bulge. 

For His Glory,
   Chris

1 comment:

  1. You are such an inspiration! Love that you are getting smaller as you are "expecting"!!!

    ReplyDelete