Sunday, October 7, 2012

Printer Is Finally Getting a Rest

In the last couple of weeks I have really been putting my printer to the test with all of the various items of paperwork that we have been working on.  That wonderful HP Officejet really stepped up and just printed it's little rollers off.  Page after page, picture after picture.  Between work and all the adoption forms - the poor little machine has really been working overtime.  It's now time for a little rest.

A lot of happened suddenly in short amount of time. A few weeks ago our Dossier has been submitted to the Philippines.  The Dossier is a big packet of papers that pretty much is the total history of our lives - our Home Study, our applications, our psychological reports, our family photos, etc.  It was such a relief to get all of that together and sent off.  About 2 weeks ago we send in our I-800 (immigration request) application.  Last week I mailed in the application for a Lifesong for Orphans account (where you can make tax deductible donations) and a Show Hope grant application.  Last week we also go our Tshirt fundraiser setup - see our store at:



Over the last several weeks we have been gathering up donations from lots of wonderful folks for our garage sale.  That sale was held on Saturday and it was a wonderful success.  On top of the great donations, my great sister-in-law Sherry and my BFF Lynne come over and helped be organize on Friday and mange the sale on Saturday.  It was such a wonderful help and so appreciated.  Saturday was on of the most gorgeous Fall days here in South Carolina and we met some really great folks that came to the sale.  We were able to share our adoption testimony and I know we have a couple new prayer warriors.  Putting the sale together was a lot of work but a great time.

Now we are moving into a "waiting" pattern - waiting for I-800 approval, waiting for Philippines approval and waiting for God to bring us our child(ren).  As some of you  may know - waiting is not one of our strengths.  So - I'm going to turn my attention to our next fundraiser event - a Cornhole Tournament (stay tuned for more info on that fun) and then I won't have to think about the waiting.

Thank you for all of your love, prayers and support.

For His Glory - Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment